Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Go Bananas {and Nuts} - Banana Nut Bread Recipe

This family recipe for banana nut bread is to die for! I'm usually not a huge fan of banana nut bread, but this recipe has the perfect ratio of banana to nuts to bread. This is a great recipe for a delicious breakfast or snack on-the-go. I like to make it into a loaf, but I've also made it into muffins before. 
Let's get crackin'

Ingredients

1/2 cup corn oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed (preferably on the brownish side)
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I like to use pecan--pronounced pea-CAN)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine corn oil and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas. 




In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Combine flour mixture with egg mixture.
Stir in the chopped nuts (I used some I got from my papa's pecan tree, but you can buy store-bought ones already chopped)



Pour delicious mixture into a greased pan.


Bake at 350 for 23-35 minutes. 
When the sides start pulling away from the pan and it cracks down the middle...that's when it's perfection.


Let me tell you...if you could smell pictures, you'd be in heaven.  I promise you'll go NUTS over this recipe (and yes, pun intended)



No comments:

Post a Comment