Monday, June 16, 2014

That's a Wrap{ped} Wreath

I can't take credit for this masterpiece, except for the photography. My aunt is a wreath & bow mastermind. So this posting is dedicated to her creating a wreath for my brother's new house and my semi-paying attention to her directions. 

Here's the before picture. It was just an old vine wreath my mom found in our craft room.


First she started wrapping a burlap ribbon around, leaving a little room between each pass.


Keep wrapping


Once she got to the end, she just tucked the ends under the vines.


So this part is a little murky for me. She can tie like the BEST bows, but I haven't ever done one myself. And she was on her lunch break when she did this so she didn't have time to give me a tutorial. She promised to give me one later, and I promise to post the results. Apparently the trick is to twist after every loop.


Tie the bow to the wreath by using some twine


We added a "R" to add a little somethin-somethin to keep it snazzy.


And BAM, we have a recycled rustic wreath (try saying that 5 times fast!)


No comments:

Post a Comment