Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Zany for Zucchini Bread

While my parents were away on vacation last week, they asked me to look after their vegetable garden. I don't know what would possess them to ask me since I basically have a black thumb...I can kill a cactus in two days, and they're pretty much indestructible. Anyways, after I started picking the garden for a few days I realized I was going to have an abundance of zucchini on my hands. Since I am the world's pickiest eater, I decided to turn all the fresh zucchini into a bread. I would NEVER eat zucchini bread willfully and on my own, which is why my mom had to trick me into eating it the first time. She told me it was apple cinnamon bread and thus, I was suckered into trying it. I really liked it and THAT'S when she told me the truth...that it was actually her recipe for zucchini bread. Who knew it could be so tasty? That being said, even the pickiest of eaters will like this recipe. And when in doubt, lie first. 

*This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread

Ingredients
3 eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup of vegetable oil
3 cups of grated zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup of chopped nuts (I used pecans)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pans.

I used two large zucchini.


This step is not necessary, but if you have large seeds I would recommend taking a spoon and scooping out the seeds.


Grate the zucchini.
Be careful not to grate your finger, or it will hurt (yes, I'm speaking from experience and yes, it happened during this adventure. Which is probably why this picture is slightly blurry)


In a mixing bowl beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil.


Stir in the zucchini


Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. 
Add to the sugar mixture.
Stir in nuts.


Pour into pans


Bake for 30-40 minutes.

And now you have delicious zucchini bread! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment