Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lookie Lookie, Ooey Gooey Cornflake Cookie

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I started back school full-time and I have been in high demand to sub, so I've been a busy bee. 
This is my nana's recipe, and one of our family's favorite. Story goes that my parents were on vacation with my dad's parents and my nana made these treats for everyone. Well after a little while, the cookies were gone. A few days later my dad came out of his bedroom eating a cookie. When everyone confronted him, he confessed he had stashed a bunch of cookies in his suitcase so he wouldn't have to share. Every time I make them, they only last for an average of two days, no exaggeration. It's a fight to the death over the last cookie. And one of the best things about this recipe is the cookies are NO-BAKE, so no chance of burning them (I'm talking to you mom)!

Ingredients
8 cups of corn flakes
8 oz of peanut butter (I use smooth but chunky would be good too)
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar

Stir together the cornflakes and peanut butter in a large bowl.


 This will take a little while because you want to make sure each corn flake is coated in pb.


On the stove top, combine sugar and corn syrup


Bring to a rolling boil. Let this boil for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.


Immediately pour the syrup mixture over the corn flakes


Stir together very well


Pour it into a greased pan and that's it!


It's best if you let it sit for a few hours and let it harden. Enjoy these cookies while they last (it won't be long!)

*note: IMMEDIATELY wash your pot that the syrup mixture was in. It will start to harden and take you forever to clean it otherwise. 






No comments:

Post a Comment